Linggo, Nobyembre 27, 2011

Silence: a very long talk to a friend I truly missed

Hi there..ahmm..Been a while right?...ahhmm..So, what's been up?..Really?..Wow..ahmmm...

Ever had those times when you been away from someone, and then meeting them up again you say things like that phrase up top over there?

That's kind of how I feel as I type blogspot.com in the web browser after quite a few days, even weeks I think. Not that I don't want to write no more, it's just really hard for me to start talking about things after a long period of non-discourse. And so I think it's best to talk about the things we've missed out. The period I call silence.




Silence: from the latin word Silentium which means absence of sound, first used in the 13th Century.

So what does silence really mean? I have read and heard things about silence and its connotation to people, but for me silence is best described from the perspective of which it came from. Silence starts with something that does not emit sound or motion, and therefore it depends on what reason this thing has on choosing silence over activity, to fully understand the meaning of silence.

Now, because this depends on the source of silence, its meaning, therefore, varies from one source to another.

For people, moreover, there are a LOT of reasons why silence is chosen over activity. I have read and heard that for some women, the silent treatment is their way of expressing disappointment on something that somebody has done, also known as the cold shoulder. Some men do that as well, but it is primarily a woman thing. For some, silence is their way of seeking attention from other people, especially when they are not really the silent-type person. This expresses irregularity in the person which induces people to think something is wrong because that is not the normal behavior of the person.

So....

Why did we have this long silence between us blogger.com?

Wanna know why?

because I was....



yes, I was sad, and apparently I still am.

and the saddest part is, I really don't know how to fix it.

And silence was one of the few things I know how to do in order to think thoroughly over something that matters a lot and is valuable to me.

There are some things that I am not really satisfied with at the moment, but I know for a fact that there is nothing I can do right now that can help in fixing such things up.

It's not that it's hard for me, it's just that there are some things that I have to face which I don't think I am ready to face right now.

And maybe facing you is one of a few steps I can take for me to overcome this sadness. If only I can take you out for some games and dinner to make it up to you, I definitely will my friend. But since you're just a website, I'll just stick to what we are allowed and able to do together.

Thanks for being a good listener dude..I hope God gives other people a chance to meet a person, or a website just like you. :)

Your dear friend,
Jowee

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento