Martes, Nobyembre 15, 2011

Rocking up and Rolling out!

Elvis Presley (Jan 8, 1935-Aug. 16, 1977) was the first famous rock star and is known as "The King of Rock and Roll". Eraserheads is the most successful Rock Band in the Philippines, and had their hey days in the 1990's.

So, one thing I really enjoy doing is playing music. Not, to boast but I can play at most 30 instruments (just know how to play, but not mastered them all). My favorite instrument is the drums. The beat it produces gives me a certain hype and it really invigorates me every time i sit into that small, low, round chair and smack those skins and cymbals with a pair of wooden sticks.

I've had my share of awesome moments sitting on that chair. I've been blessed to be a part of at least 5 bands now, one of which I'm still a member of (One Winged Angels, which is currently inactive unfortunately). And apparently, I am kind of missing those moments now that it has been almost half a year that I haven't sat on that wonder chair.

Last week, a friend of mine asked me a favor for his organization in the College of Engineering. He asked me to become the back-up drummer of his orgmates' band, which will audition for an upcoming event for Eng'g week. And since I haven't had my "meds" since I can't remember when, I said yes right away.

Just yesterday, the group confirmed that the real drummer has backed-out due to academic reasons, and so I will be the drummer for the band. And, just earlier today (which is technically yesterday since I am writing this at 3am), we had our first jamming session.

It felt so great to be able to rock my heart out again, and to release my passion towards music in a very loud and banging way! It was like taking on drugs, without the dangerous side effects, and the occasional possibility of going to jail.



It really makes me happy to be able to do stuff I love and just enjoy what God has in store for me every time. I was unconsciously hoping to be able to play again, and even these subconscious thoughts, God has answered.

How about you? Do you have those "Drug-like Passions" you want to experience and enjoy every once in a while? Here's some piece of advice: Nothing is too silly, too big, or even impossible to happen when it is your heart that desires it. If in your deepest heart you really want it, God will hear you and He will allow that too happen, because God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him :)

And, please do pray for our auditions *wink* :)

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento